Tuesday, May 5, 2015

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ PHOTOGRAPHS 'STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS' CAST FOR 'VANITY FAIR'! SAM WORTHINGTON JOINS OCTAVIA SPENCER IN 'THE SHACK'! 'ALBION: RISE OF DANANN' SF MOVIE WITH DEBRA MESSING, LIAM MCINTYRE, STEPHEN DORFF, JENNIFER MORRISON, JOHN CLEESE

SAM WORTHINGTON TO VISIT
OCTAVIA SPENCER IN 'THE SHACK'
Sometime ago I announced that one of world's bestselling books William Paul Young's THE SHACK is getting a movie adaptation and earlier last winter we announced that Octavia Spencer will play the God in it, and now 'Empire' reports that Australian hunk Sam Worthington has joined the movie in the lead role as a man whose youngest daughter is kidnapped during a family holiday. Evidence turns up in an abandoned shack to suggest she was murdered, which stymies the case. But then, four years later, he receives a note, apparently from God, inviting him to go back to the ruined building. He accepts, against his better judgement, and what he finds there changes his life forever.

'ALBION:RISE OF DANANN' 
WITH DEBRA MESSING, LIAM MCINTYRE, STEPHEN DORFF AND JOHN CLEESE
Well, this is quite a strong cast for a film we've never heard of before and it shoots this month! 'Deadline' reports that  John Cleese and Debra Messing have joined the cast of fantasy film ALBION: RISE OF THE DANANN, in which Cleese will play the villian, a tyrannical leader of Albion while Messing will portray the queen. SPARTACUS star Liam McIntyre and Daniel Sharman also star in the film about a 12-year-old girl (Avery Rath) who is carried away to a faraway land on a magical horse. Stephen Dorff will portray her father, while Jennifer Morrison appears as a psychologically fractured woman in the alternate universe.

'STAR WARS: FORCE AWAKENS' 
STARS POSE FOR 'VANITY FAIR'!
May the 4th truly be with you! Oh, my, does Vanity Fair have a treat for all of you STAR WAR fans! In the latest issue they feature a bunch of new photos from STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS showing not just Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and everybody's favourite Chewbacca, but also a bunch of new aliens that will populate the exotic new worlds. There is also a photo of Adam Driver as Sith Lord Kylo Ren and Oscar Isaac as X-Wing fighter Poe Dameron posing for this exclusive and rather luxurious Annie Leibovitz photo shoot for 'Vanity Fair'!

THE FORCE AWAKENS
Coming to cinemas December 18th, STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, the seventh movie in the popular science fiction franchise, is continuing the Star Wars saga where Return of the Jedi left off, with Luke Skywalker aiming to restore the Jedi Order while Leia and Han Solo work with the New Republic against the remnants of the Galactic Empire and a new potential threat.

29 comments:

  1. Debra Messing is a good choice to play a Celtic Warrior Queen, with her long red hair and fierceness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Cleese and Debra Messing? Now that could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen Star Wars, but I did have that horrid Princess Leia hair for a high school dance one time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Boy!! Oh Boy!! A new Star Wars movie. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and two spinoffs are coming too... one next year, the other one about Boba Fett in 2018

      Delete
  5. Very cool pics for Star Wars... and that trailer just reawakens the coolness because of the music. Happy happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now, there you go, your day has been fulfilled

      Delete
  6. I have high hopes for the new star wars movie. I do hope they won't be dashed like they were with the last three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they've chosen someone charismatic in the cast

      Delete
  7. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but even I admit that cover is pretty spiffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who wouldn't like to pose for a photo with aliens and monsters... and I don't mean posing with the family :)

      Delete
  8. Love that cover. It looks like Star Wars is finally getting back to its roots. It's about time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a good sign when they don't have that godawful Natalie UnImportant in the cast

      Delete
  9. Oooh Albion looks intriguing. I like both Messing and Cleese but would never have pictured them working together.

    Did you see the pics Leibovitz took of the Queen? The Queen didn't like taking direction, but Leibovitz is a pro and she pulled off the shoot. God, I remember her work for Rolling Stone in the 60's and 70'.s I just adore her.

    Guess what? I'm going with The Spawn tomorrow to look at wedding dresses. She's to be married in January 2016. I shall most likely cry when I see her try them on, so I'll be taking tissues with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, I don't think anyone of them has ever acted in an epic movie.
      I did, too much fur around the queen for me at that photoshoot.

      Enjoy the wedding shopping, it's one time in life :) Is she going for something unusual?

      Delete
  10. Knowing The Spawn I would expect her to want something different from the norm. I can't imagine finding anything exotic in this area though. I'm guessing we'll have to look in Indianapolis, which is a big city, or Muncie, which is in a really cool and fun University town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope she finds something special. Will it be a big wedding, are all the relatives flying in? Will it be at the freshly renovated Castle de O'Leary? What is the mother of the bride wearing?

      Delete
  11. I've read The Shack. It is an interesting book. I'm sure it will make for an interesting movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was such a huge bestseller around the world

      Delete
  12. Octavia Spencer is popping up everywhere these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos.

    You have me interested in The Shack. I want to read and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was such a huge hit around the world when it came out

      Delete
  14. How come that hairy ape doesn't have grey hair?

    Star Wars = IV, V, VI. That's it. No?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea, I had bad marks in maths....

      Delete
  15. That new Star Wars is a must see for me. I was a great fan of these movies from the very first one!
    May the force be with me, that I can wait that long!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.