Monday, June 4, 2012

CHANNING TATUM IN "JUPITER ASCENDING" SF EPIC BY "MATRIX" HELMERS! READY FOR CHANNING TATUM, ALEX PETTYFER, MATT BOMER, JOE MANGANIELLO STRIPPING IN "MAGIC MIKE"? "BUTTON MAN" MOVIE ADAPTATION?

 I've reported last winter that beside finishing their sf epic CLOUD ATLAS, famous MATRIX authors Andy and Lana  Wachowski are preparing JUPITER ASCENDING , another sf epic. I've also told you back then that Channing Tatum was offered the lead role and now "MovieWeb" says that Channing has confirmed the gig. The film follows a poor Russian immigrant, whose genetic makeup is identical to the Queen of the Universe. The Queen dispatches a bounty hunter (Channing Tatum) to eliminate this potential threat to her role, but the assassin ends up falling for his target. The film, scheduled for 2014. could possibly have Mila Kunis in the lead female role if the rumours prove to be true. Before that Mila has to finish OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL in which she plays a witch.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
I swear I've never heard of him, but it seems we shall get a movie adaptation of the comic book hero BUTTON MAN. "Deadline" reports that DreamWorks
is negotiating with director Nicolas Winding Refn (DRIVE, BRONSON) to helm the pic. The plot sounds identical to Gerard Butler's GAMER: it follows Harry Exton, a hit-man who takes part in a game organized by a group of millionaires. The game pits trained killers against each other in a fight to the death, while the rich bet on them. The main character decides to opt of of the competition and he finds that the only way out is to kill them all. Refn was also mentioned as the possible helmer of the famous 70's classic LOGAN'S RUN sf remake.

READY FOR MAGIC MIKE?
Speaking of Channing Tatum, are my ladies and gay readers ready for the premiere of MAGIC MIKE this June 29th? It's very close, I bet
you can already feel the heat :) The film is directed by Steven Soderbergh and stars Channing Tatum (Dear John, Step Up) in a story inspired by his real life especially by his early stripping days. The 
film follows Mike (Tatum) as he takes a young dancer called The Kid (Alex Pettyfer) under his wing and schools him in the fine arts of
partying, picking up women, and making easy money. Beside Channing and Pettyfer, other Hollywood hunks which will be taking their clothes
off in the film include Joe Manganiello, Matthew McConaughey, Adam Rodriguez, Matthew Bomer... and there's also Olivia Munn for the boys.

41 comments:

  1. Holy hot men Dez!!! WAWZA! I can't pick a favorite, they're all so yummy. But I think Channing is my pick here. He just has everything, good acting, super hot, kind of sweet and cute, very funny. That photo of him, doesn't even seem like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did expect that the choice would be impossible :) Channing is becoming so lucrative and popular that even GI JOE sequel has been postponed for next year instead of this summer so that they could reshoot more scenes with him. He was originally meant to die early in the film, but now he won't :)

      Delete
  2. Magic Mike would be perfect for me if I was gay. I can picture it being a huge hit with all the ladies and gay gentlemen. I'm not homophobic though, I have to say Matthew McConaughey has always been a handsome guy and quite the badass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's nice to hear that you're not homophobic, Matt, because here at HOLLYWOOD SPY we do not discriminate and we give eye candy both to our ladies, gays and boys :)
      MAGIC MIKE does also have a storyline about how he succeeded and how he had his designing projects, so it's not just about stripping.

      Delete
    2. I'm with Matt on this one.

      Delete
    3. he will be glad to hear it :)

      Delete
    4. to Blue one will be glad to hear it :)

      Delete
    5. I'll be with the blue one too, does that surprise you?

      Delete
    6. it does, having in mind your romance with that Waffles guy recently :PPP

      Delete
  3. Cloud Atlas...yes, Magic Mike...hell no!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic Mike might be fun to watch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Channing is making all the right moves ~

    MM is going to be fun fun fun ~

    Happy day to you Dez ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I'm not sure I am ready for Magic Mike. Is it in 3D by any chance? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it's targeted audience wouldn't mind it being in 3D

      Delete
    2. @Luanne
      it really must be!

      @Adam
      nope, they wouldn't indeed!

      Delete
    3. If it were in 3D, I'd have to take a fistful of ten dollar bills with me to the theater. :D

      Delete
    4. ten dollar bills? You're so cheap :P

      Delete
  7. Cloud Atlas sounds like it should be good, the other one hmmm you can keep. And Button Man??? Really? Geez Tarsier Man has one up on him for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pffft, Button will button him up no time!

      Delete
    2. Bah tarsier's eyes will pop and then Button's heart would stop, leaving the poor millionaires all alone.

      Delete
    3. whose side are you on? I thought Tarsier was your nemesis! You're such a flimsy character, cat!

      Delete
  8. Hell to the yeah I am ready for some hot male strippers! I am saving this post so I can drool all day every day until Magic Mike. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. save it sister, I think some of the pics are close to wallpaper size, but I'm not sure :)

      Delete
  9. Isn't that just like me to go and forget all about the rest of this post. ;) Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending sound very intriguing as does Button Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like the rest of the projects too, Melsy :)

      Delete
  10. Hmm....Magic Mike... interesting... ;)

    I'm not sure about JUPITER ASCENDING. The premise sounds a bit dodgey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't a fan of Channing Tatum until I watched 21 Jump Street. Who knew he could be funny? I am sooooooo looking forward to Magic Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was an unexpected hit, and Channing has earned a lot after that and THE VOW earlier this spring.

      Delete
  12. I would watch Nicholas Winding Refn paint the walls for 2 hours... he is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jupiter Ascending is a Snow White/Huntsman sf knock-off? Well . .

    I'm seriously drooling over Magic Mike. Thanks so very much Dezzy :)

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is :) that's the general verdict around the web :)
      Glad I gave you something droolworthy, Donnzie :)

      Delete
  14. Hot men is right! Lots of great films. I do like the concept of Gamer though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAMER was an interesting film, even though I didn't like its visual side.

      Delete
  15. Magic Mike was one of the trailers that played at the movie I went to Saturday and my friend kept elbowing me saying, "We're gonna come back and see this one, right? Right? Right?" Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey they are just dead sexy!! Plot line? Who needs it?? Oh, sorry, I'm objectifying the eye candy =PPPP I'm sure it's very well written too. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so, you're going to see that one, right? :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.