Thursday, April 8, 2010

FRANCOIS ARNAUD JOINS JEREMY IRONS IN SHOWTIME'S HISTORICAL SAGA "THE BORGIAS"

According to "The Hollywood Reporter", Showtime's historical saga "The Borgias", which is to replace the worldwide popular "The Tudors" next year, has just got a new cast member. Young actor Francois Arnaud will play the role of Cesare, the ambitious and violent son of Rodrigo Borgia (played by Jeremy Irons who will lead the whole cast). "The Borgias" is planned as a Renaissance era crime family drama, following the decadent, dangerous, sexy, naughty and unscrupulous papal family. I am anxiously waiting to see which actress will get the most interesting role of Lucretia Borgia, the daughter of the family. As we mentioned before Neil Jordan will direct the pilot to be followed by thirteen pre-ordered episodes.

8 comments:

  1. Ahh the Tudors is coming to an end. I will say, I'll miss King Henry and his fine butt :D

    But...Cesare is coming, so that will make up for it.

    What can I say, I love bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, we shall all miss TUDORS, but I do expect BORGIAS to be equally intriguing, sexy and hypnotizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Lucretia will be played by equaly unknown actress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like someone famous, but if they go for an anonymous actress I hope they will chose some ultra talented and charismatic beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if they go with some unknown non-english speaking European actress? They did it with Francois.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have a problem with it, if they choose the right type of person (Christine Hendricks who is in our poll currently is the exact type of person right for Lucretia) . But they also need great stories, stunning sets and cool costumes. I hear that after the premiere episode of the last season of THE TUDORS on Sunday, Showtime will give the first look into THE BORGIAS, I guess some kind of teaser advert for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Jeremy, welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we'll be seeing you here often :)
    Yes, I'm also waiting for BORGIAS to come to the small screens.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.